Thursday 16 September 2010

Introducing...The Book Contest Directory!

Image from We Heart It

I've been doing a lot of surfing, and I always find fantastic contests from book bloggers, giving away books. But the problem is, there's never one big list of contests for people to refer to. And as such, contests that I see, but intend to enter later, I lose track of.

With this thought in mind, and inspiration from directories such as the YA Blogosphere and the YA Book Blog Directory to create a directory for contests, specifically, book contests. And I call it the Book Contest Directory.

I'm starting to compile a list of contests already, sorting them into their end dates, and whether they're International or US/Canadian Only. It's still pretty much a work in progress, as I don't know of many contests out there.

So I invite everyone to submit their contest (if you have any) to the Book Contest Directory, or even send me a list of contests that you might be linking to in your sidebar. It would really help me get this directory up and running.

This is the format I'm looking for:


International/US only, End date, Contest name/prizes (Book Blog hosting contest) ...all as a link

e.g. (A non-existent contest)

INTERNATIONAL, September 30th, 200 Followers Contest (Book Couture)

Please visit the BCD (as I have thus dubbed it), follow it for regular updates. It would also be greatly appreciated if you mentioned the Book Contest Directory in any contest-related post.

And if you're graphics-savvy, rack up a logo or button. That would be lovely!

Furthermore, I would also like to invite anyone out there to become an admin of the BCD. Drop me an email if you're interested. I will add you as an editor, and what you would have to do is just help update the BCD with new contests that you find. We could also bounce around ideas for the BCD, and be friends. :)

In exchange, your blog could be linked in the sidebar, displayed in a blogroll, or anything else you can think of. It's a voluntary job, and wouldn't require much effort, but would help a lot.

So, please let me know what you think about the BCD. Check it out, volunteer to help, submit some contests. After all, who doesn't love 'em?

Have a wonderful day,
Tina