Friday 3 September 2010

Book Blogger Hop / Follow Friday #3

Book Blogger Hop





Follow Friday is a meme hosted by Parajunkee, where people spread the book love by following around the blogosphere.

Book Blogger Hop is a meme hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-For-Books, where book bloggers can "connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books!"


Question of the Week (Follow Friday): What is your favorite brick and mortar bookstore?

I don't really have a favourite bookstore - but I love my school library the most. They're constantly stocked with the latest reads, and the best thing is, it's completely free to read the books you love.
The librarian is also super nice.


Question of the Week (Blog Hop): Do you ever judge a book by it's cover?
Sadly...yes! I'll give you 2 examples of where it ended badly: 
A rather unfortunate case with Fallen by Lauren Kate, whose cover was stunningly beautiful, but the book less so. Read my review here.
And then, I had the misjudgement not to read Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher because of the bland cover, but to my surprise, the book was absolutely engrossing.

Leave a comment below so I can check out your blog and follow, and please stop by and have a look at a couple of my reviews in the sidebar. ;)


●▬▬▬๑۩ Happy Friday, Tina ۩๑▬▬▬▬●


18 comments:

Bailey said...

Hello! =) I am now a follower! Hope you have a fantastic Labor Day weekend and happy reading!!

Bailey at IB Book Blogging

Maidenveil said...

Hi, Tina! Just hopping by! I'm already a follower of your blog.

Cheers!

-Len-
Musings of a Reader Happy

Tina said...

Thanks, guys...hopping to you now...

Ms. C said...

Hey Tina, just found you through the hop. Love your site - the flowers and boot are so cute! I'm definetly a new follower. Feel free to check out my blog in your spare time, www.coffeetalereviews.blogspot.com.

Have a great weekend! :)
Ms. C

Precious said...

Hi Tina! I found you through the hop and I'm now following you. I can see that we review the same genre of books! Looking forward to reading your reviews!

If you want you can visit my blog. Have a nice day!

Precious
Fragments of Life

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

The Hop led me here! I'm a new follower.

I hope you'll stop by my blog when you get a chance. www.readerbuzz.blogspot.com

Belinda said...

Hi :) I have to laugh because for some reason everytime I see the cover for Fallen now I think "Where is the girls head" Then my mind registers what I'm looking at but that first impression LOL Hope you enjoy the weekend !!
Hope you Hop by my site

Briana said...

Thanks for stopping by & following. Your blog is so cute (:

And thankfully, I haven't read a bad pretty book (does that make sense...?).
haha

Well, hope you have a good weekend!

Briana
Bree's Books

Kathy Habel said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm a follower!

Caitlin said...

Thank so much for stopping by! I'm a new follower too :D

Have a great weekend!

Cleo said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I'm now a new follower!

Have a nice weekend!

danya said...

Hey Tina, just hopping by! I know, the cover of Fallen is gorgeous but I have heard that a lot of people were disappointed with the book (personally, I haven't ventured to try it yet...)

Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

Hey, saw you had stopped by and wanted to return the trip and wish you a great weekend! I'm a new follower!

(\___/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I'm your 100th follower!!!!Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Unknown said...

I'm the same too. I can't help judging a book by its cover. :-)

BookQuoter said...

Thanks for stopping by. I am hopping as well and hope to see more of your reviews and odds and ends in the future. I am about to try to solve your latest brain teaser!

SusanKMann said...

Thank you for hopping over to my blog www.susankmann.co.uk. I'm loving your blog and I'm a new follower. Hope your having a great weekend. x

Unknown said...

Thanks for hopping over to my blog!! You comment was so sweet! I loved your link and cool things around it its beyond me how you do it. Also could your blog name get any cuter?!?!

Don't be shy emails are fun!

Your newest follower:)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I really appreciate your thoughts.