Wednesday 6 October 2010

Wishlist Wednesday 6/10


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, where bloggers can spotlight and share "upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating".

My "Waiting on's" are a little different – I post a gallery of upcoming books I'm anticipating, and give links to the descriptions and websites. So this post will be called "Wishlist Wednesday" from now on, but I will still be linking up with Waiting on Wednesday.

Wonderful "waiting on"s:



Forever by Maggie Steifvater – the beautiful cover came out just last week, and I'm reading Linger at the moment which is proving to be very enticing) – can't wait for this one!
۩Maggie Steifvater's Website

۩Maggie Steifvater's Blog


Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld – (the sequel to Leviathan by the highly-acclaimed Australian author Scott Westerfeld, of the Uglies series.) I haven't read Scott Westerfeld yet, but this series is intriguing, and a total deviation from his normal genre.
۩Scott Westerfeld's Website/Blog


Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen – A new series by the author of The Luxe. I've read some great reviews, and who doesn't love a historical romance?
۩Book Website
Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl – Aah. Who isn't excited for more juice on the Casters, and Lena and Ethan's doomed relationship?
۩ See my review of Beautiful Creatures on the Penguin 'Between the Lines' website.
۩Penguin Site

۩Book Extract



WOMG (Wow + omg) "Waiting Ons":


Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – There are raving reviews on this one! A love-triangle story with delicious French guys…I haven't been this excited about contemporary since Meg Cabot.
۩๑ Stephanie Perkins' Website

Across the Universe by Beth Revis – Methinks dystopia is the new vampire? (Yay! Go Sci-fi.) I sure can't wait for Across the Universe, especially not after reading this (uncorrected proof) sample first chapter.
۩Sample first chapter

۩Book Website

۩Beth Revis' Blog

۩Beth Revis' Website


Matched by Ally Condie – (The book with the whopping 7 FIGURE DEAL) And of course, I'm beside myself with excitement at the upcoming release of Matched in November 2010. I've read the ARC…but I can't wait to read the finished copy, because if the ARC is already breathtaking, how out-of-this-world brilliant will the finished version be?
۩Listen to an excerpt of Matched read by Kate Simses. I loved it – she's got the perfect voice for Cassia.
۩Ally Condie's Website
۩๑ EXCERPT OF MATCHED!



What are you waiting on?

 ●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬۩۩▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●








Wednesday/Thursday memes:
 
 
 
 



5 Oct 2010- 291 followers