Thursday 25 November 2010

2011 YA Debut Author Challenge...here I come!

I've decided to participate in the 2011 Debut Author Challenge next year!
Because I'm newish to blogging (but love it so much), I have not yet participated in any of these challenges yet. 

I've always been a participant of the Victorian Premier's Reading Challenge, but I've sadly outgrown that now. Aka, I'm too old to participate. They do give out neat little certificates though. Check out the awesome one this year, on the right:

So, you don't get a certificate... but I really want to enter another reading challenge next year, and this annual one hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren is a fabulous choice. Not only does it promote debut YA/MG authors and their upcoming novels, but there are also monthly prizes, newsletter updates, a gathered list of reviews and such.

It's immensely exciting to be a part of something like this, so pop over to the DAC info page and get signing up!

Rules of the Challenge:
  • Anyone can join the Debut Author Challenge, you don't have to be a blogger.
  • You must read at least 12 Young Adult or Middle Grade book between January 1st 2011 to December 31st 2011.
  • You also have to review the books between those dates.
Now, to the fun bit. I'm really looking forward to these books next year:
  • Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
  • Across the Universe by Beth Revis
  • The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney
  • Clarity by Kim Harrington
  • The Liar Society by Lisa and Laura Roecker
  • The Lipstick Laws by Amy Holder
  • A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford
  • Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton
  • Hereafter by Tara Hudson 
  • Timeless by Alexandra Monir 
  • XVI by Julie Karr
Those won't be the only books I'll be reading, but they're the ones that immediately come to mind from the list of 2011 debut novels.This is so exciting! Are you participating in the DAC?