Monday 24 January 2011

YA Aussie Challenge 2011

Finally, I've taken the time to join this awesome challenge hosted by Nic @ Irrisistable Reads. There's also an awesome list of Aussie titles on Goodreads.

The Challenge:
Australian participants - Read at least 12 young adult books by Australian authors from 1st January, 2011 to 31st December, 2011.






The Aussie books I want to read: (in no particular order)
  1. Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
  2. Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden
  3. Finnikin of the Rock  by Melina Marchetta
  4. Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
  5. Good Oil by Laura Buzo - Owned
  6. Does my head look big in this? by Randa Abdel-Fattah
  7. Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar
  8. Six Impossible Things by Fiona Wood
  9. Everything Beautiful by Simmone Howell
  10. Little Paradise by Gabrielle Wang
  11. Girl Saves Boy by Steph Bowe
  12. Loving Richard Feynman by Penny Tangey

At first, I was thinking, awesome, twelve Aussie books will be easy! But I can see how this will be a challenge now, considering the fact that I only own one of them. There's the public library and school library, of course, but it's going to be hard to get my hands on most of them. Any Aussies out there willing to do a trade with me?