Sunday 11 September 2011

In My Mailbox #1

In My Mailbox is a feature hosted by the amazing blogger Kristi from The Story Siren. It's a weekly post where book bloggers can share what books they got that week - from publishers, gifted books or purchased ones. :) It's a pretty awesome meme, and lets you know about new books coming out. I'm always excited to see what other people are reading.

I haven't done an IMM for ages, so I'm not sure what no. I'm up to. So I'll just start from scratch. :) IMM #1 for 2011. :D

So in the last month: Thanks to these awesome publishers...I'm really honoured and thrilled to read these!


 Twisted by Gena Showalter [thanks to Harlequin Teen]
This is book 3 in the Intertwined series by Gena Showalter, so I've got to read the first two first. :) Anyone read this series yet?
Beautiful Days by Anna Godbersen [thanks to Tina at Penguin AUS]
I haven't read Bright Young Things (book #1) yet, but I've been studying The Great Gatsby at school, and it's definitely piqued my interest in the Roaring Twenties/Jazz Age. I wonder if Godbersen's portrayal will also depict the hedonistic and morally decayed society that F. Scott Fitzgerald criticised, or whether she will glamourise the 1920s...

When We Were Two by Robert Newton [thanks to Tina at Penguin AUS]
Tina at Penguin told me that this was one of her absolute favourites, so I'm really eager to read this one! Gosh, I want the holidays to come soon!



 Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan [thanks to Pan Macmillan Australia]
Eeee! I LOVE SCI-FI and I loved Across the Universe, so I'm pumped for this one. The cover is sooo gorgeous, and the blurb is v v intriguing.

 All The Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin [thanks to Pan Macmillan Australia]
THIS WAS SO GOOD. I picked it up and did not stop reading until I was finished...so a review is coming soon!

 Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick [thanks to Pan Macmillan Australia]
It sounds along the lines of Gone by Michael Grant - a post-apocalyptic novel in which all the adults disappear after one mysterious phenomenon...leaving behind a world full of kids. I really enjoyed Gone, so hopefully I'll like this too - although I'll inevitably be comparing the two all the way through.


 The 39 Clues: The Medusa Plot by Gordon Corman
Conspiracy 365: Revenge by Gabrielle Lord
[thanks to Scholastic AUS]
Scholastic does amazing things with their books to make them appeal to a younger male audience immersed in modern technology. 39 clues comes with collectible cards, and the cover of Con spiracy 365 is really awesome and 3D. I haven't read any of the others, but I'm desperately wishing I had a younger brother to give these to. I'll try to review them though. :)


 Frostbite by Richelle Mead [swapped with Lux from The Paperback Heart - thanks!]
I've read this, but I love re-reading VA and I've been painstakingly collecting the whole series to lend out to my cousins/friends, and this one completes it. So thanks so much Lux!

 Wolfborn by Sue Bursztynski [Thanks to Sue!]
Sue is a really nice and awesome person in general, so check out her blog here. I'm reading this book now, everytime I take (really long) breaks from doing Maths homework, hence the bookmark. 
She sent me a sample chapter about a week ago, and it's really good, so feel free to pop her an email or send me one at readingcouture@gmail.com and I'll forward you the sampler as well. :)

 Impossible by Nancy Werlin [swapped with Skye from In the Good Books- thanks!]
This book is about a family of girls cursed to become pregnant at 18, and the only way to break the curse is to fulfil the impossible demands outlined in the song "Scarborough Fair". Quite unique, I'm looking forward to it. Thanks heaps, Skye!

And that's my book haul of the month. Have you read any of these? What did you think?
If not, what books have you been reading?
And link me to your IMM too, if you have one. :)
Happy reading!